The Yale Center for the Study of Race, Indigeneity, and Transnational Migration (RITM) advances work related to Ethnic Studies fields; to intersectional race, gender, and sexuality research; and to Native and diasporic communities in the United States and abroad. Through sponsorship of campus programs, events, and other initiatives, we hope to not only showcase current scholarship at Yale and beyond but also to foster an interdisciplinary community interested in the study of race, indigeneity, and transnational migration.
As a sponsor, the Center may provide promotional and/or financial support that can be used to cover expenses such as honoraria, travel, accommodations, promotional materials, audiovisual needs and catering.
- Requests for Center sponsorship must be made three weeks in advance of the program/event/initiative. Sponsorship will not be granted retroactively.
- Requests will be reviewed on a weekly basis.
- All Yale students, faculty, staff, schools, departments, programs, and registered student organizations in good standing may apply.
- Events, programs, or initiatives must relate to the study of race, indigeneity, and transnational migration and should align directly with the Center’s academic mission.
- Those who have already received funding during the academic year are invited to apply for sponsorship of other events, but the awarding of additional funding will be at the discretion of the Center’s leadership.
- This form should not be used to request support for travel, conferences, or social gatherings.
To request Center sponsorship, complete the form below. Be prepared to supply a description of your activity, logistical information, and a budget.